Are you looking for an efficient way to alleviate your winter driving practice instead of avoiding it? If you are, we have an awesome solution for you to reach this goal! Look through our list of the best-selling security chains available on Amazon and choose the one that will give the best fit to your automobile tires. These products ensure the traction you can’t get with ordinary tires, that’s why fast driving in snow won’t be a problem for you anymore. One of the most difficult aspects of driving on ice is taking turns, but security chains will also help you get the grip you need to cope with this challenge safely.
Security Chain Company Super Z6, SZ137, Cable Chain for Passenger Cars, Pickups & SUVs – Set of 2
&bnspDo you drive an automobile, pickup or SUV that boasts limited operating clearance around its tires? If the answer is ‘yes,’ don’t miss your chance to obtain the Security Chain Company Super Z6, SZ137, Cable Chain as this product is the best option in your case! This item that belongs to the latest achievements in the automotive industry will provide you with the following benefits:
- fast and easy installation that doesn’t require moving your car;
- a rubber tightener allows drivers to avoid stopping and retightening after the chain is attached to their tires;
- the traction performance and durability is much better compared to conventional chains;
- traction coils made from alloy steel guarantee an extended lifespan of the product and protect it against scratches;
- proper compatibility with anti-lock brakes, traction control, all-wheel drive, and other electronically monitored control systems.
Very easy to put on, even when you’re stuck and can’t move the car anymore. On my way into Yosemite last winter, my car slid on ice and into a snowbank. (The car had slid sideways, downslope, when I had to stop for the stopped car ahead of me. The road was curvy, banked, and very icy.) After digging the tires out of the snow, I put the chains on and was able to drive out easily (and with the help of 4WD). Couldn’t have escaped the ice and snow without them! (by Liz E)
Security Chain Company SC1036 Radial Chain Cable Traction Tire Chain – Set of 2
&bnspDo you want to save up, but refuse from losing an opportunity to get a high-end security chain at the same time? Consider an option to purchase one of the most inexpensive products in our list, the Security Chain Company SC1036 Radial Chain, to provide yourself with safe winter driving! Although this item is available for a low price, it boasts a number of advantages that are as follows:
- quick installation and easy removal either in snow or on ice due to a low weight;
- an all-metal fastening system that requires low operating space around tires;
- a smooth ride to ensure that you get proper comfort;
- a long service life to deprive you of sudden inconveniences;
- excellent durability due to stainless steel the chain is made from.
These have been a life saver here in Oregon. We just had the worst snow storm in 40 years. All local stores are sold out or raising their prices because of the weather. I had these over-nighted to me and I couldn’t be happier. They are reasonably easy to get on and they stay in place.I’ve been using them in very deep snow & ice for about 4 days and have had no problems at all. Great price and an excellent buy! (by Sara)
Glacier 1038 Passenger Cable Tire Chain – Set of 2
&bnspDo you need security chains that are suitable for both front and rear wheel drive vehicles? Amazon offers the Glacier 1038 Passenger Cable Tire Chain to satisfy wishes of all the customers! Winter driving will be easy, comfortable and safe for everyone using this item due to its awesome highlights:
- cable cross members covered with case hardened steel rollers make the chain durable for its occasional usage;
- limited clearance of an ‘S’ type makes the chain perfect for the majority of passenger automobile models;
- fast and easy installation to avoid discomfort;
- compliance with all the DOT specifications.
Used these chains on our Honda during our recent trip to Sequoia National Park. These went on relatively easily considering I’ve never used chains before. They took us up to 8000 feet during heavy snowfall and stayed on for 3 days while we drove around the park. The roads up there were tricky with a few hairpins and these worked great. The Honda traction control wasn’t happy with them and kept killing power to the wheels, but after shutting off the traction control everything ran smoothly. (by Jason Gould)
Thule 12mm CB12 High Quality Passenger Car Snow Chain, Size 097 (Sold in pairs)
&bnspWhat do you think about the idea to purchase a snow chain produced by one of the global leaders in manufacturing high-end accessories for automobiles? If you make reliability a priority, you’ll definitely appreciate the Thule 12mm CB12 High Quality Passenger Car Snow Chain! This handmade product is just the job for winter driving as it has been tested in the snow of the Alps and boasts a number of beneficial peculiarities:
- a patented self-centering and auto-tensioning system that secures automatic tightening of the chain around the tire when your car is set in motion;
- hardened manganese nickel alloy steel allows for durability;
- dual-sided D-shaped links guarantee better traction and longer lifespan of the snow chain;
- compatibility with all the Anti-Lock Brake and Traction Control systems;
- color-coded assembly points ensure quick and easy installation both in the daytime and at night.
Great! Despite running these chains pretty hard during the trip, I see no rust or major wear on them. I also got up to about 40MPH at times with them on with no indication that they were near the limit. The noise level was also fairly low as the chain links are fairly compact so the noise it kept to a very low rumble. (By Ken R. Okazaki)
Security Chain Company Z-571 Z-Chain Extreme Performance Cable Tire Traction Chain – Set of 2
&bnspAre you eager to be as cool as police officers on the road this winter? If you are, purchase this security chain enjoying wide popularity among cops, firefighters, and ambulance workers who have to drive safe and fast regardless of weather conditions! The product is primarily appreciated for the following features:
- manganese alloy cross members secure all-around traction performance and excellent durability;
- a cross member pattern provides compatibility with anti-lock brakes, traction control, all-wheel drive and other electronically monitored and controlled systems;
- comfortable and fast installation and removal that doesn’t require moving your vehicle;
- compliance with S.A.E. Class “S” requirements for automobiles with limited clearance around tires.
These chains got my rear wheel drive SUV up a steep ice & snow covered dirt road in the mountains of West Virginia. They were much quicker & easier to install than the old regular chains I have used. Would reccomend them to a friend. Just make sure to rince them off & lubricate them after use. (by Ross G.)